Laugh a bit

This particular joke won the award for the best joke in a competition organized in Britain and it was sent by an Indian...
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend.
"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
Watson replies, "I see millions of stars."
"What does that tell you?"
Watson ponders for a minute.
"Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"
Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks.
"Someone has stolen our tent".
The story is hilarious. What it brings out is how we tend to complicate issues and then miss the most obvious things. Too much knowledge is no
help unless we have the wisdom to guide it to an effective conclusion.
==================================================================================

Some fandoo answers
Are you chewing gum?"
"No, I'm Ashish Patel."
"I have changed! my mind."
Thank heaven! Does it work better now?"
"I spent three years in college taking medicine."
"Are you well now?"
"I want some rat poison."
"Should I wrap it up or do you want to eat it right here?"
"What are you going to be when you graduate?"
"An old man"
"My father was a Pole."
"North or South?"
Waiter: Would you like coffee black?
Customer: What other colors do you have?
Manager: Sorry, but I can't give u a job. I don't need much help.
Job Applicant: That's all right. In fact I'm just the right person in
this case. You see, I won't be of much help anyway!!
"Does water always come through the roof in this place?"
"No, sir, only when it rains."
"I've got a surprise for you, honey. I brought a friend home for
dinner."
"Who wants to eat your friend?"
"It seems that everything I say to you goes in one ear and out the
other."
"Well, I guess that's why I've got two ears."

"Do these stairs take you to the second floor?"
"No, you'll have to walk"

"Now that you're married, you should have some insurance"
But why? My wife isn't dangerous."

Comments

Popular Posts